Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is currently seeking a Personal Assistant and Office Manager for our Country Director for Afghanistan who is based in Delhi. Since 2002, FES works with Afghan civil society activists, decisionmakers and young leaders committed to shape the future of their country for the better and to contribute to conflict transformation and dialogue.
Under the overall supervision of the Country Director for Afghanistan and Resident Director for India, the duties and responsibilities of the incumbent will be:
- Logistical and administrative support and secretariat for the Country Director for Afghanistan in an international and transnationally operating team.
- Coordinating and handling of hotel and flight bookings and implementation;
- Organising, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of seminars, workshops, and conferences in India from an administrative and logistical side;
- Negotiating conference and hotel packages according to FES financial guidelines and conditions;
- Monitoring and follow-up of corresponding accounting documents;
- Communication with all persons in FES (Germany and country offices) as well as with local and international partners on administrative issues;
- Other reasonable tasks assigned to by the employer.
The incumbent will further serve as an Office Manager and assistant to the Head of Administration (India Office) in implementing complementary tasks to the India office. Further responsibilities include:
- Preparation of tax, EPF, electricity, water, telecommunications and other legal documents corresponding to day-to-day office management
- University Degree or proven certification as Chartered Accountant or related field;
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in accounting or financial administration field;
- Strong presentation and communication skills in both Hindi and English;
- German, Pashto or Dari language skills are an asset, yet not mandatory;
- Able to work independently without daily supervision;
- Highly organised and possessing acute attention to detail;
- Very good Microsoft Office skills;
This position is offered to join as a member of the FES-India Office in New Delhi.
You can find information about FES-India on our website: www.fes-india.org and on Facebook.
As per our legal requirements, only Indian nationals can apply!
Terms and Conditions:
Location: based in FES India office in New Delhi
Start: 15th September 2019
Terms: upon agreement
Application and Contact:
Please send your CV and letter of motivation by 31st August 2019 along with contact coordinates of two references to info(at)fes-india.org Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.