FES is looking for a motivated person with an open mind and working or professional experience of preferably at least 10 years, preferably in project management in the broad area of Labour and Industrial Relations or Social Studies.
The applicant must have a Master Degree in Political Science/Economics/Labour Law/related Social Sciences and proficiency in English. A sound understanding of the political economy and macro-economic processes is desired, as well as knowledge about the trade union and social movements in India.
The applicant will be responsible for self-organization of the work and should be capable to run projects independently but also together with other colleagues in India and abroad as a team player. FES is looking for a colleague who has excellent communication, networking and intercultural skills, who is well informed about politics and economics in India and is willing to travel within India and abroad.
This position is offered to join as a member of the FES-India Office in New Delhi.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conceptualization and planning of national and regional projects in the field of Labour Relations and Social Security as well as different areas of FES work with and without cooperation partners;
- Organization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of national activities (e.g. conferences, seminars, workshops, trainings);
- Overseeing financial and administrative processes and logistic arrangements during monitoring of activities;
- Reporting on progress of projects and preparing follow-up strategies;
- Reporting on political developments in India and the region;
- Representing FES at seminars, roundtables and conferences;
- Proactive participation in office-related discussions and organizational development;
- Networking with other FES offices in the region, partner institutions, the media, civil society organizations, trade unions and labour and social security institutes, membership based organizations and other relevant bodies and maintaining discussions on project related matters.
Terms and Conditions:
Location: based in FES India office in New Delhi
Start: 1st January 2018
Payment: upon agreement
Application and Contact:
Please send your CV and letter of motivation along with contact coordinates of two references to, info(at)fes-india.org
Deadline for applications will be September 30th 2017.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.